@font-face in your Face

I got this jewel of an error this morning while checking a site in IE10 that I hadn’t run across before.

CSS3117: @font-face failed cross-origin request error

Of course, it was glaringly obvious that the site hadn’t loaded the fonts I intended for it to load so the connection wasn’t being made. I did some quick searching and the “cross-origin” request in this case was that I hadn’t yet specified whether or not the site was to be only ‘www’ or non-www so the discrepancy apparently was enough to flag a security problem in IE. After adjusting the .htaccess file to route all traffic to the ‘www’ subdomain, all is working fine.

Hope that helps someone else out there.